Abstract Submission Instruction
Deadline for abstract submission Extended: 11th June 2018
Participants are invited to present the outcome of their research at the 21st ESCV Annual Meeting 2018. Abstracts should be submitted via this website only. Abstracts submitted via fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Abstracts must describe original, previously unpublished work. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Instructions for submitting the abstracts:
1) General style and format:
- Oral communication or Poster presentation
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 11
- Text alignment: Justify
- Line spacing: single
- Maximum of 250 words per abstract
2) Abstract Title:
- Sentence case (only the first letter of the first word should be in capitals)
3) Author name(s) and affiliation(s):
- First Name(s): Initials of the first name followed by a dot
- Last name: Sentence case
- Affiliation(s): Sentence case
- An affiliation should consist at least of a country name
4) Please use open lines between paragraphs
- Please use headings if applicable only.
- Please use boldface for headings and put the colon in bold too.
- If the headings comprise multiple entities, use a starting capital for each entity (e.g. Material and Methods:). If the heading comprises multiple words but only one entity, only the first word has a capital (e.g. Preliminary results:).
- If there are subheadings, please use italics for those.
6) Citations / references:
If numbers are used, put them on the line in brackets and before punctuation .
7) No graphs/tables/images are allowed.
8) Email address of the abstract submission must be the same used on the registration on the conference.
9) Topics for abstracts:
- Respiratory Viruses
- Viruses in the immunosuppressed host
- Viral Pathogenesis and Immune Responses
- Emerging Viruses
- Hepatitis Viruses
- Congenital & Neonatal Viral Infections
- Diagnostic Αdvances in Clinical Virology I/Point-of-Care Diagnostics
- Viral Gastroenteritis/CNS infections
- HIV/Sexually transmitted viral infections
- Diagnostic Advances in Clinical Virology II/Clinical Metagenomics
- Viral Oncogenesis
- Clinical Syndromes
10) General Information
- Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline.
- There is no option to save the abstract as draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not submit your abstract, the information will be deleted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission of his/her abstract.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Scientific Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations, with consideration to be given to the author’s preference.
- The presenting author is expected to attend and register for ESCV 2018 Annual Meeting by the communicated registration deadline and present the poster or oral presentation.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the author’s consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.
After submission you will be sent a confirmation via e-mail that your abstract has been received. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail within five (5) working days of your submission, please contact the Meeting Secretariat at [email protected]